I just went live with the new site! Got some more tweaking to do, but it’s about 95% complete. Feel free to check it out! In particular, you might want to head over to our Downloads page and check out the user’s manual – complete with operation & assembly instructions, troubleshooting, theory of operation and schematics.
I anticipate that the kits will be available in about a week. If you have any questions or feedback about the site, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
I got my new PCBs earlier this week and they look great! I built a board today, taking pictures as I went to put in the assembly manual. The board looks and works perfectly! Now I have to update the manual, make a couple of tweaks to the firmware, and add ordering capability to the website.
Speaking of website, I’ve been working on a new site using WordPress and using the WooCommerce plugin. I’m really impressed with the capabilities of this software. A bit of a learning curve, but it’s allowing me to create a very capable and professional looking site! I’m really looking forward to going live with the new site!
Continue reading Built new board
I waited until after Keith built his clock to re-spin the PCB, in case he saw any issues or had any suggestions. It didn’t take long to redo the board. I just added a diode, fixed the polarity of the buzzer, and moved a few parts around. I also made some cosmetic changes. New boards are on order and I should have them in about a week!
Keith finally got time to assemble his clock. It came out looking great! There were a few issues with the assembly instruction, but other than that, there were no problems.
Now that Keith has built his clock, and I have his feedback, I can proceed with re-spinning the board. While waiting for his feedback, I completed the rest of the manual. I just need to update the assembly portion with new pictures and make some adjustments to some of the instructions. And I assembled more kits. The components will all remain the same — just need to add the new board and manual.
Continue reading 1st kit built