The Analog-Style LED Clock uses the 50 or 60Hz from the electric utility as a time base to keep accurate time without the use of a crystal oscillator. The clock automatically detects whether it is connected to 50 or 60Hz and adjusts accordingly. A question I’m often asked is “How accurate is the electric utility frequency?” The short answer is that it is surprisingly accurate.
- Now on the cover of Nuts and Volts magazine! February 24, 2018
- New Kit Options Now Available! August 20, 2017
- Using the electric utility frequency for timekeeping — How accurate is it? June 10, 2017
- Analog Style LED Clock now available on Tindie.com January 19, 2017
- The Kit is Available! December 8, 2016